Welcome to the Maine Education Association Career Page
Current Open Positions:
Graphic Designer/Communications Program Assistant
Assistant to the Communications Program to design and produce the Association’s print publications and electronic communications, accomplishing duties and responsibilities in a timely and professional manner.
Position Description Responsibilities:
- Graphic design and production of Association internal and external communications including, bi-monthly magazine, membership materials, electronic newsletters, white papers, etc.
- Website maintenance and troubleshooting with content management system
- Maintain and cultivate content for MEA’s Social Media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, and Vimeo primarily
- Selling and billing of publication advertising
- Assisting with public relations events when needed
- Tracking readership data across all digital media – Google analytics, Social Media analytics, email analytics
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proficient in Adobe Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Content Management Systems for web management and design
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS coding
- Electronic Communications and Social Networking (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Vimeo)
- Proficient in print and electronic media; public relations, proofreading
- Records Maintenance and Filing
- Manage Multiple Tasks Simultaneously
- Portfolio of recent work
Knowledge of Association Practices and Procedures:
- Knowledge of Basic Communications Principles
- Skill in Gathering and Articulating Information
- Ability to Communicate Effectively with Staff and Members
- Basic Skills Required for Providing Support Services
- Applicant must submit a digital portfolio of recent work along with resume. Please include several examples of designs.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Graphic Design: 3 years
Required license or certification: Maine driver's license
Other Employment SourcesServing Schools is the #1 source for educational employment opportunities in Maine. School administrators can post open positions for teachers, administrators, office personnel, coaches, ed techs and more!
Maine Department of Education offers a list of resources for job seekers in Maine and across the country.