Restraint Rule Media Coverage
The new Restraint Rule (Chapter 33) for Maine's teachers has received lots of media coverage after reports surfaced of teachers being assaulted by students in fear of losing their job for breaking the new rule.
Follow the links for further media coverage of this issue.
Restraint Law In The News:
- Teachers: Restraint Rule Unclear - Kennebec Journal & Portland Press Herald
- Local School Officials Say Maine's Restraint Law Isn't Working - Lewiston Sun Journal & The Forecaster
- MEA: 'Dozens' of Educators Assaulted in Wake of Changes to Restraint Rules - Bangor Daily News & Sun Journal
- Educators Decry Rules They Say Put Teachers in Harm's Way - MPBN
On the Air:
- MEA President Lois Kilby-Chesley Interview (will launch streaming audio player) - WGAN
- Teachers Face New Child Restraint Rules - WGME
- MEA Expresses Concern Over Student Restraint Rules - WLBZ & WCSH
- Questions Raised About Restraint Rules in Classrooms Text Full Newscast (Piece Begins at 3:25) - WVII
- Restraint Rules On Teachers Put Many In Way Of Danger - WABI
Locate your state and congressional representatives and share your views through our CyberLobby program.