Professional Issues Conference
2013 Professional Issues/SEAM Conference
These are samples of the workshops being offered at MEA’s annual Professional Issues & SEAM Conference:- Innovative Projects: Launching and tracking a high altitude research balloon
- Teaching literacy using music and lyrics
- Using fun and creative dramatics from “Fish Camp” educators
- Designing thematic cross curricular units for deeper learning
- Enhancing classroom learning with “experience from the field”
- Creating “bully-free” school environments
- Engaging the whole school community
- Understanding the effects of poverty on students
Mark your calendars for:
Saturday, March 16
University of Maine in Augusta
7:30 to 9:00 a.m.
Registration, Vendor Exhibitors, Light Continental
Breakfast & Welcome Address
9:15 to 10:45 a.m
Training Session I
11:00 to 12:30 p.m.
Training Session II
9:15 to 12:30 p.m.
All Morning Workshops
12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
Training Session III
Educators will present workshops that will provide fun and creative approaches to teaching and learning for students at all grade levels, as well as enriching the whole school community. All educators, including education support professionals (ESPs) and SEAM members, are invited to attend. Participants will receive certificates with contact hours towards professional advancement.
Registration is open and space is limited, so please register early!
Here are a few photos from the 2012 PIC/SEAM Conference.
Locate your state and congressional representatives and share your views through our CyberLobby program.